Prof. Igor Sibon
Prof. Igor Sibon is Professor of Neurology at Bordeaux University Hospital. He is director of the Stroke Unit. In addition, he is co-director of the team “Neuroimagery and human cognition” at the Institute for Cognitive and Integrative Neuroscience Aquitaine (INCIA) - UMR CNRS-Bordeaux University 5287.
Igor Sibon, MD PhD, born in Périgueux, is Professor of Neurology at Bordeaux University – and Hospital Practitioner at Bordeaux University Hospital. He was trained as a resident at Bordeaux University Hospitals from 1995 to 2000, obtained a MD in neurology in 2000 and a PhD in biological and medical sciences in 2004, and worked as a research fellow at Montreal McGill University, Quebec, Canada, in 2004-2006 and became professor in neurology in 2009. He is head of the Bordeaux University Hospital Stroke Unit. In addition, he is co-director of the team “Neuroimagery and human cognition” at the Institute for Cognitive and Integrative Neuroscience Aquitaine (INCIA) - UMR CNRS-Bordeaux University 5287. He is member of the steering committee of the Excellence Laboratory TRAIL (ANR-10-LabEx 057), member of the French StrokeAvenir network and member of the scientific committee of the French neurovascular society.
1. Sibon I, Tourdias T, Felix S, Asselineau J, Bracoud L, Vivot A, Rouanet F, Renou P, Orgogozo JM, Dousset V. Magnetisation transfer parameters and stroke outcome. J Clin Neurosci. 2015 Jun;22(6):1012-7.
2. Cosin C, Sibon I, Poli M, Allard M, Debruxelles S, Renou P, Rouanet F, Mayo W. Circadian sleep/wake rhythm abnormalities as a risk factor of a poststroke apathy. Int J Stroke. 2015;10:710-5
3. Sibon I, Lassalle-Lagadec S, Renou P, Swendsen J. Evolution of depression symptoms following stroke: a prospective study using computerized ambulatory monitoring. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012; 33:280-5.
4. Lassalle-Lagadec S, Sibon I, Dilharreguy B, Renou P, Fleury O, Allard M. Subacute default mode network dysfunction in the prediction of post-stroke depression severity. Radiology. 2012;264:218-24.
5. Lassalle-Lagadec S, Allard M, Dilharreguy B, Schweitzer P, Swendsen J, Sibon I. Linking MRI to daily life experience: the example of poststroke depression. Neurology. 2012; 78:322-5.