Dr. Philippe Gosse
Dr. Philippe Gosse is hospital practitioner in cardiology at Bordeaux University Hospital where he leads the department of cardiology and hypertension, at Saint André University Hospital. He is specialized in echocardiography, left ventricular hypertrophy, ambulatory measure of blood pressure and arterial stiffness.
Philippe Gosse, MD, born in 1953, is the head of the cardiology / hypertension department at Saint André - Bordeaux University Hospital since 2012. He is hospital practitioner since 1991, accredited to direct research since 1998. Since 1994 he leads the hypertension unit at Bordeaux University Hospital, which received the “Hypertension Excellence center” label from the European Society of Hypertension. Dr. Gosse is a “European Hypertension specialist”, specialist in echocardiography, left ventricular hypertrophy, ambulatory measure of blood pressure and arterial stiffness.
1. Cremer A, Laine M, Papaioannou G, Yeim S, Gosse P. Increased arterial stiffness is an independent predictor of future atrial fibrillation in hypertensive patients. J Hyperten, 2015, in press.
2. Azizi M, Sapoval M, Gosse P, Monge M, Bobrie G, Delsart P, Midulla M, Mounier-Véhier C, Courand PY, Lantelme P, Denolle T, Dourmap-Collas C, Trillaud H, Pereira H, Plouin PF, Chatellier G; Renal Denervation for Hypertension (DENERHTN) investigators. Optimum and stepped care standardised antihypertensive treatment with or without renal denervation for resistant hypertension (DENERHTN): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2015 May 16;385(9981):1957-65.
3. Gosse P, Schumacher H. Effect of telmisartan vs. ramipril on 'dipping' status and blood pressure variability: pooled analysis of the PRISMA studies. Hypertens Res. 2014 Feb;37(2):151-7.
4. Dauphinot V, Kossovsky MP, Gueyffier F, Pichot V, Gosse P, Roche F, Barthélémy JC. Impaired baroreflex sensitivity and the risks of new-onset ambulatory hypertension, in an elderly population-based study. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Oct9;168(4):4010-4.
5. Gosse P, Cremer A, Papaioannou G, Yeim S. Arterial stiffness from monitoring of timing of korotkoff sounds predicts the occurrence of cardiovascular events independently of left ventricular mass in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. 2013 Jul;62(1):161-7.