Prof. Guillaume Blin
Prof. Guillaume Blin is professor in bioinformatics at Bordeaux University and leads the MABioVis team (Models and Algorithms for Bioinformatics and information visualisation), addressing challenges in bioinformatics and computer science, including data mining and classification, prediction and comparison of networks, comparative genomics.
Guillaume Blin, PhD, born in 1979, was appointed as university professor in bioinformatics at Bordeaux University in 2014 and is now head of the MABioVis team (Models and Algorithms for Bioinformatics and information visualisation). Pr Blin published around 50 papers in journals and international conferences the past 10 years. Pr Blin holds the new accreditation (2016-2020) for the Computer Licence from Bordeaux University. MABioVis is one of the 6 teams structuring the LaBRI laboratory (UMR CNRS 5800 – Université de Bordeaux). It develops a scientific vision inspired by the synergy now taking place between information sciences, life sciences, social sciences and economics. The combination of experimental techniques for high-speed and advanced computational methods allows tackling problems of unprecedented size, and gives birth to scientific issues emerging in a variety of fields, including biology. Members of the MABioVis team contribute to the development and study of formalisms, models and algorithms providing results on both extraction and data management, but also on the construction, analysis and understanding of these complex systems. The team addresses challenges initiated from problems in bioinformatics while encompassing issues in computer science: algorithmic recognition and inference patterns, data mining and classification, modeling of complex dynamical systems, prediction and comparison of networks, comparative genomics in a broad sense.
1. El-Kebir M, Soueidan H, Hume T, Beisser D, Dittrich M, Müller T, Blin G, Heringa J, Nikolski M, Wessels LF, Klau GW. xHeinz: an algorithm for mining cross-species network modules under a flexible conservation model. Bioinformatics. 2015 May 27.
2. Morel P, Wu X, Blin G, Vialette S, Flynn R, Hyer D, Wang D. Spot Weight Adaptation for Moving Target in Spot Scanning Proton Therapy. Front Oncol. 2015 May 28; 5:119.
3. Blin G, Sikora F, Vialette S. Querying graphs in protein-protein interactions networks using feedback vertex set. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform. 2010 Oct-Dec; 7:628-3.
4. Blin G, Faye D, Stoye J. Finding nested common intervals efficiently. J Comput Biol. 2010 Sep;17(9):1183-94.
5. Blin G, Denise A, Dulucq S, Herrbach C, Touzet H. Alignments of RNA structures. IEEE/ACM Trans Comput Biol Bioinform. 2010 Apr-Jun;7(2):309-22.