Prof. Jean-François Korobelnik
Prof. Jean-François Korobelnik is Professor of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital of Bordeaux since 1999, head of the ophthalmology department. Pr. Korobelnik is involved in clinical research, which mainly focuses on eye disease epidemiology (E3 Consortium), macular diseases (age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular edema) and retinal detachment.
Jean-François Korobelnik, MD PhD, born in 1959, is Professor of ophthalmology and head of the department of ophthalmology at Bordeaux University Hospital. He completed his medical training at University Paris VII in 1985, was awarded a Master of Science (Diplome d'Etudes Approfondies) in 1989, completed his fellowship at Hotel-Dieu of Paris, and has held the Professorship of Ophthalmology in Vitreoretinal Surgery at the University Hospital, Bordeaux since 1999. He is head of the Ophthalmology Department since May 2013. Professor Korobelnik is involved in clinical research, which mainly focuses on eye disease epidemiology (E3 Consortium), macular diseases (age-related macular degeneration, diabetic macular edema, …), and retinal detachment. He is involved in several institutional projects (sponsor: Bordeaux University Hospital): DOREMY study (PHRC-2006); PIMAVOSA study (CPP-2008/16 – registration number: 2007-A00016-49); ALIENOR study (ANR-VISA 2010-PRSP-011 / PHRC-2012); LIMPIA study (NCT01269697); SIGNAL study (PHRC-2011). He is also involved in various industrial trials (multicenter prospective protocols to evaluate new drugs): Vastarel (SERVIER), Anecortave acetate (ALCON), Lucentis (NOVARTIS), Macugen (PFIZER), Ozurdex (ALLERGAN), Arxxant (LILLY), Eylea (BAYER). He is author or co-author of more than 160 papers. Professor Korobelnik is a member of several societies, including the French Society of Ophthalmologye (SFO), the American Academy of Ophtalmology (AAO), the Association for Research in Vision and Ophtalmology (ARVO), the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS), Euretina, the European association for Vision and Eye Research (EVER) and the Club Jules Gonin, and regularly participates in expert advisory board meetings for pharmaceutical organizations. He has been President of the SFO from May 2013 to May 2015.
1. Korobelnik JF, Holz FG, Roider J, Ogura Y, Simader C, Schmidt-Erfurth U, Lorenz K, Honda M, Vitti R, Berliner AJ, Hiemeyer F, Stemper B, Zeitz O, Sandbrink R; Galileo study group. Intravitreal Aflibercept Injection for Macular Edema Resulting from Central Retinal Vein Occlusion: One-Year Results of the Phase 3 GALILEO Study. Ophthalmology. 2014 Jan;121(1):202-8
2. Yuzawa M, Fujita K, Wittrup-Jensen KU, Norenberg C, Zeitz O, Adachi K, Wang EC, Heier J, Kaiser PK, Chong V, Korobelnik JF. Improvement in Vision-Related Function with Intravitreal Aflibercept: Data from Phase 3 Studies in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Ophthalmology. 2015 Mar;122(3):571-8
3. Coste V., Paya C., Korobelnik JF. Retinopathy of prematurity evolution after laser treatment:Retcam findings. JAMA Ophthalmology 2015;133(1):e141808
4. Rougier MB, Korobelnik JF, Malet F, Schweitzer C, Delyfer MN, Barberger-gateau P, DartiguesJF, Delcourt C, Helmer C. Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness measured with SD-OCT in a population-based study of French elderly subjects: the ALIENOR study. Acta Ophthalmologica 2015 Jan 13. doi: 10.1111/aos.12658.
5. Korobelnik JF, Kleijnen J, Lang SH, Birnie R, Leadley RM, Misso K, Worthy G, Muston D, Do DV. Systematic review and mixed treatment comparison of intravitreal aflibercept with other therapies for diabetic macular edema (DME). BMC Ophthalmol. 2015 May 15;15(1):52.