Prof. Marie-Noëlle Delyfer
Pr. Marie-Noëlle Delyfer, director for SMART clinical activities, is university professor and hospital practitioner in ophthalmology at Bordeaux University Hospital. Her areas of expertise include the diagnosis, and the medical and surgical management of retinal diseases, including vascular retinal diseases. Her research work focuses on epidemiology of retinal aging.
Marie-Noëlle Delyfer, MD PhD, born in 1974, is university professor and hospital practitioner in ophthalmology at Bordeaux University Hospital and Bordeaux University. Her areas of expertise include the diagnostic and therapeutic care of medico-surgical retinal diseases, vascular retinal diseases (arterial and venous occlusions, diabetes, age-related macular degeneration), epidemiology of retinal aging. After a fellowship (2005-2009) and appointment as associate professor and hospital practitioner (2009-2013) in ophthalmology at Bordeaux University Hospital, Marie-Noëlle Delyfer was appointed as university professor and hospital practitioner in 2013. Between 2001 and 2005 she completed a PhD in life sciences at Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg, under the supervision of José-Alain SAHEL (grants from the French Foundation and Retina-France). She is involved in several institutional projects (sponsor: Bordeaux University Hospital): DOREMY study (PHRC-2006); PIMAVOSA study (CPP-2008/16 – registration number: 2007-A00016-49); ALIENOR study (ANR-VISA 2010-PRSP-011 / PHRC-2012); LIMPIA study (NCT01269697); SIGNAL study (PHRC-2011). She is also involved in various industrial trials (multicenter prospective protocols to evaluate new drugs): Vastarel (SERVIER), Anecortave acetate (ALCON), Lucentis (NOVARTIS), Macugen (PFIZER), Ozurdex (ALLERGAN), Arxxant (LILLY), Eylea (BAYER). Marie-Noëlle Delyfer was co-organizer of the European Eye Epidemiology workshops in Bordeaux in 2011-2012 and 2013. She is a member of the College of French academic ophtalmologists, of the French Society of Ophthalmology (SFO), of Euretina, of the American Society of Retina Specialists.
1. Krivosic V, Bheekee A, Michee S, Delyfer MN, Tadayoni R, Korobelnik JF. Dexamethasone intravitreal implants for retinal vein occlusion in a clinical setting. Acta Ophthalmol 2014.
2. Helmer C, Malet F, Rougier MB, Schweitzer C, Colin J, Delyfer MN, Korobelnik JF, Barberger-Gateau P, Dartigues JF, Delcourt C. (2013). Is there a link between open-angle glaucoma and dementia? The Three-City-Alienor cohort. Ann Neurol; 74(2):171-9.
3. Delyfer MN, Buaud B, Korobelnik JF, Rougier MB, Schalch W, Etheve S, Vaysse C, Combe N, Goff ML, Wolf-Schnurrbusch UE, Wolf S, Barberger-Gateau P, Delcourt C. Association of macular pigment density with plasma ?-3 fatty acids: the PIMAVOSA study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Mar 9;53(3):1204-10. doi: 10.1167/iovs.11-8721.
4. Delyfer MN, Raffelsberger W, Mercier D, Korobelnik JF, Gaudric A, Charteris DG, Tadayoni R, Metge F, Caputo G, Barale PO, Ripp R, Muller JD, Poch O, Sahel JA, Leveillard T. Transcriptomic Analysis of Human Retinal Detachment Reveals Both Inflammatory Response and Photoreceptor Death. PLoS One 2011;6:13.
5. Cougnard-Gregoire A, Delyfer MN, Korobelnik JF, Rougier MB, Malet F, Le Goff M, Dartigues JF, Colin J, Barberger-Gateau P, Delcourt C. Long-Term Blood Pressure and Age-Related Macular Degeneration: The ALIENOR Study. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2013;54:1905-12.